Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
I am one of those people who silently in my head evaluates the outfit of every single person who walks by. Sometimes my internal commentary is not so nice and sometime I really like someone's outfit. I have discovered during these little mind judging sessions that there are some things that girls wear that really really grate on my nerves. I am not sure what these poor girls are thinking but someone really needs to help them out.
Here are my top outfit pet peeves.
1. I can not stand it when a girl obviously spent time getting ready, doing her hair, make up and picking out an outfit, and then tops it off with tennis shoes, like cross trainers. Those are made for working out, not just everyday use. In fact wearing them all around on all terrains will actually damage your shoes and wear them out faster. Now I so understand that for different health reasons people do need to wear supportive shoes and that is fine, however I know not everyone I see doing this has a health reason. If you want a sporty comfortable shoe THEY MAKE THOSE and they are not your run of the mill athletic shoe. Athletic shoes are for athletic events. Last time I checked going to class is not an athletic event....
2. CROP TOPS ARE OUT PEOPLE!!!! Seriously like waaay out. If you are wearing a midriff baring shirt you better be going to the beach. It is entirely inappropriate to wear a shirt that shows your stomach to class. It is disrespectful to your professor and makes you look unprofessional. An extra two inches of material is not gonna smother you.
3. Brown and black. Yea yea yea I know people are thinking but on what not to wear they said it was fine. However if you actually listened they said, it was fine to have the colors in the same outfit. This is true think of leopard print. BUT you cannot wear a chocolate shirt with a charcoal pant. You look like dirt... who wants to look like dirt?....
4. Short shorts. These were incredibly popular at one time. Micro shorts and micro minis were literally everywhere. LOOK AROUND PEOPLE they are not popular anymore. Actually longer shorts with a little volume to them are what is popular at the moment. Even the celebs are wearing longer shorts. We don't need to see your but cheeks. These are also super inappropriate for class. Again the extra inch or two wont kill you.
5. Boots in the summer. Now I do not mean all boo ts cowboy boots and some riding boots are acceptable in in summer months. However if you are wearing a tank top and shorts and fur lined anything your gonna look weird. If it so hot that you need to wear as little clothing as possible why are you wearing boots made for cold temperatures. Why not just wear a parka yall.
6. Flip Flops. Now some flip flops are still totally fine. If your flops have a fabric strap or if they are pretty dressy your fine. But if you are trying to rock the kind we all wore in middle school with the foam and the rubber straps, you probably look like you are heading for a dorm shower. If you want the same feet free feeling try and of the gladiator sandals. You can get them for just as cheap but you wont make that annoying squeaky noise when you walk.
7. Backpacks and short skirts. Hello that breeze you feel on your but is actually a breeze on your but. The motion of your backpack when you walk makes your skirt rise up in the back. We can all see and you cant. So stop telling yourself its just wind going under your skirt or through it or whatever... it is literally your but hanging out in the wind. Try a over the shoulder bag for those days.
8. After you get off your bike please roll down your pant leg... that's really all I have to say about that.
9. Chipped nail polish is never cute, however I know how hard it can be to keep your nails from chipping during the day. However your TOENAILS should never ever be halfway chipped off. It looks disgusting and like you don't take care of your feet. Wear close toe shoes if you don't have time to fix it or just take the polish off. do something!
10. It is never cute to be wearing the same color all the way from your head to your toes. There is such a thing as too matchy matchy. You don't want to look like a member of the blue man group... unless you actually are a member.
Love, Laughter and God's Blessings,Lauren