Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Symbol of Love

 "One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills"
~Ava, age 8
 
Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Today I want to discuss another thing about weddings. I have been to like a jillion weddings and the ones that always make an impression are the ones that have some type of releasal at the end. Ya know like butterflies or doves or something. So in this blog I thought I would give you my opinions about which ones I think are the most beautiful and then some tips to make sure you are being safe and environmentally responsable.


1. Dove Release
- Doves are a very important symbol in the christian religions, one that is seen many times in biblical texts. Doves are gorgeous and majestic and so ridiculously romantic. However there are several things you need to take into account if you are going to do a dove release. You need to make sure that the doves you pick are properly trained for homing. In other words you want to make sure that when you release the doves they know how to fly back to their roost. So on a cruise... dove release...not ideal....

2. Butterfly Release
- A butterfly is also powerful christian symbol but I also think it is a good symbol for marriage. The whole going into the cacoon and turning into something beautiful, pretty romantic. However it can be very tricky to orchestrate. Butterflies do not home like doves so when you let them go you just sorta let them go... It's important to research what sort of butterflies can live in the climate in the certain season you are releasing in. Otherwise you are sending them to their deaths. Also you might want to check out the area you are releasing in before hand. A bunch of crows that live in a tree near by eating your butterflies as you release them might spoil your mood a bit.


3. Balloon release
- Ok I know what you are thinking, AH BALLOONS GET IN THE OCEAN AND KILL SEALS AND WHALES AND STUFF. But dont worry I did my research and thankfully that is soo not how it goes down. Apparently when you release a balloon, as long as it isn't carrying too much weight, it goes up to five miles above the ground and then shatters into a billion little pieces... seriously I'm not making it up. One important fact though, is that you need to make sure the balloons are 100% latex. Latex is completely biodegradeable, in other words completely safe. You will not hurt the environment with a balloon release. It is recommended, however, that you limit the amount of balloons released tied together to 10. It can cause a hazard to airplanes if you release like 100 balloons tied together.

Well that is my take on wedding releases. I don't know if they will release anything at the royal wedding but I do think they are royally romantic and I most def see one in my wedding future.

Love, Laughter and God's Blessings
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment