Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I like pink. So shoot me.

"I fell off my pink cloud with a thud"
~ Elizabeth Taylor


Today I started taking a class called Psychology of Women where we learn about how women are socialized into their gender roles and how this can cause oppression that must be overthrown.... at the moment I am pretty skeptical of this whole topic. However I decided to go into this with an open mind and try and get the most out of this that I can. My New Years resolution is to wear something pink every single day for a whole year, so I cant exactly dress to fit in to this class. So in light of all this I am going to compose a list of all things that should never be pink in honor of women's lib!!!!!

Things that should not ever be pink... ever.... its an abomination

1) Eyeliner. Seriously? Apparently this is trending right now. Why in the world would you ever want to put something on your eyes that looks like an eye infection....ew

2) Shoes laces. Unless you are four and you still wear osh kosh bgosh, you don't need to be rocking the pink laces. Leave those for the light up kicks.

3) School logos. I feel like a hypocrite typing this because I do own several things that have my college logo in pink on them. HOWEVER I did not buy them and I will not buy them because unless your school's colors are pink don't mess with the tradition.

4) French tips. The whole point of a french manicure is to look like a polished natural nail. YOUR NAILS DO NOT GROW IN PINK!

5) Animals. I know it may seem like a cute idea to have a pink poodle or whatever but your pets don't need to be subjected to those chemicals that can irritate them or make them sick... animals aren't pink for a reason.

OK those are literally the only things that I can think of that shouldn't be pink everything is fine in fushia, pretty in pink, ravishing in rise, magnificent in magenta... and so on and so forth.

Love, Laughter and God's Blessings
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment