Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tips and Tricks

God gave me a great body and it's my duty to take care of my physical temple.
Jean Claude Van Damme


I have been doing the primping thing for a long long time. I have found that I do a lot of different tricks that some people may not know of. These tips are not exactly original but I feel like a lot of time we take it for granted that everyone knows the same things we do, but I know from watching my friends we all do things differently. So basically here are the little things I do to primp and beautify that you may or may not know about.

One thing I always do is exfoliate my lips. It is super important because otherwise glosses and lipsticks don't go on smoothly and evenly.  Once a week I use a microdermabrasion lotion to exfoliate but everyday, especially in the morning as im getting ready, I use my toothbrush on my lips to exfoliate. Brushing over your lips with your toothbrush really helps to even out your lips without being super harsh and irritating. Its crucial, try it out!

Another thing I always do is to put a highlighter on my cupid's bow. First of all, is that not the cutest name ever for that little dip over your top lip? Play it up! Bringing attention to your cupid's bow will make your lips look fuller more dramatic. I use a regular facial highlighter for everyday but when I am going out and really want to play it up I use a gold eyeliner. It is perfect for the job.

Something else I do is to apply a small layer of vaseline before I spray my perfume on. The oil helps the perfume to stay on way longer. I am one of those people who wants to smell my own perfume, so the vaseline trick helps me to prevent having to apply over and over and over and over.... you get the picture.

Something that is also helpful is to put your deodorant on before you go to bed. This only works if you take your shower at night like me. However this trick completely gets rid of the white streak problem. The chemicals and all that still work so you don't have to worry. In fact putting it on that far in advance gives everything time to sink in so it may even work better.

Hopefully I gave you something new to try. Everyone stay on the lookout for new tips!!!

Love, Laughter and God's Blessings
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment